Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Reporting to the Executive team, our client is looking for a Managing Director (MD) to oversee one of their divisions which is a wholly owned subsidiary. This subsidiary business is responsible for the ownership and operation of our client’s refuelling stations. As the number of assets in the field increase, there is an increasing demand within the group to ensure that these assets are optimised for profitability and increase revenue and EBITDA for our client.
The MD will have full P&L responsibility, and will be expected to make strategic decisions, including financial modelling, scoping of new locations, securing grant funding, and tendering for more beneficial utilities contracts.
The MD will be responsible for internal communications from their subsidiary business to the rest of the client group focussing on the successes measured within the period, Health and Safety for all sites, and being an advocate for safe working practices.
Office based, the MD will become responsible to a team of remote workers in the UK, who currently maintain their London based refuelling sites. There will also be information inflows from other stakeholders within the business, such as Fuel Sales Manager, Asset Manager and the finance department.
What will you be doing?
Main duties and responsibilities:
- A people person, having the ability to work with and manage those around irrespective of function, role or level.
- Be wholly responsible for our clients refuelling stations, including their profitability and availability
- Strategically planning maintenance activities to maximise availability of stations
- Identifying opportunities to increase revenue within your existing portfolio
- Construct strategic business plans for presentation to the full board
- Work to gain a detailed understanding of the market sector, competitors and customers
- Ensure the business has access to additional funding from government grants, and maximise opportunities for partnering and funding
- Encourage change and welcome new challenges and opportunities
- Develop (and agree both internally and externally) the annual Key Account plan for each Key Account in the area of responsibility. These Key Account Plans are aligned with the overall business strategy and any agreements with relevant strategic partners (OEM etc).
- Stakeholder and Relationship management at all levels and through all functions of the Customer and the Company
- Accountable for the annual budget and budget setting process
- Manage all revenues and costs associated within the refuelling station activities to maximise impact on profitability
- Collect and monitor results from the raw data, and analyse, whilst preparing board papers on improvement strategies.
- Understand and fulfil agreed specific Product Quality & Compliance accountabilities which apply to the role
- Manage the end-to-end customer lifecycle by acting as a primary point of contact and reference
- Resolving queries within your remit and expertise, while escalating or referring to a colleague where appropriate.
- Maintain appropriate records on performance and processes for your customers.
- Understand the impact of industry change on customers.
- Build constructive working relationships to ensure successful execution of tasks
- Identify and source new business opportunities when/where appropriate
Who are we looking for?
- Proven track record of managing and developing a similar size organisation or division, with similar revenue streams.
- Experience of working in a matrix organization with complex customer interfaces mandatory
- Experience of managing negotiations at board level desirable
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Self-motivated, driven with the good organisational ability.
- The ability to prioritise and manage several different tasks at once
- Strong customer-facing skills and evidence of good customer service delivery
- Excellent IT skills and technically competent
You will be a people person, having the ability to communicate and transfer knowledge between both internal and external contacts. With fantastic organisational skills, you will have the ability to manage many projects and elements within them – ensuring that key deliverables are met. Communicating and presenting the status of these projects in a digestible, visible and measurable way will be equally as important.
You will work as part of a team that has strong set of business values and ethics. Trust, openness, honesty, empathy, teamwork and resilience. A strong desire to make a difference whilst enjoying your work and the environment in which it all happens.
Full training will be given to the successful candidate before the role commences. Training will include but not be limited to Health and Safety requirements, company policies and procedures, and specific job role training.
Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months
25 days holiday plus stats