Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is now looking for a Lead Electrical Hardware Engineer to work on a prestigious project based out of Sheffield. This will be a key role in supporting the expansion and development of our client’s Control System HW and Electrical Design capability, setting standards, supervising work, developing talent and representing the company at a senior level.
The role is to design hardware systems mainly using proprietary hardware components for control panels and primarily focused on PLC’s, MCCs, Drives & Controls and Switchgear. Preparing, reviewing and checking necessary calculations and design.
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of designing electrical panels containing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s), LV modular distribution systems incorporating MCCs, Transformers etc.
- Experience of leading a small team of Hardware Engineers
- Extensive experience of Electrical and HW Design and delivery for Industrial Control Systems
- Experience with Nuclear EDF Electrical / HW Design Standards
- Full Lifecycle Projects (from concept to commission)
- Accredited be familiar with 18th Edition Wiring Regs (BS7671)
- Experience of undertaking site installation, testing and/or commissioning of a control system(s)
- Experience of Tendering and/or Procurement
- Design of electrical cabling
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Must be able to achieve security clearance to at least SC level
- Commercially aware with excellent communication skills and be comfortable liaising with clients, sub-contractors and engineers
- Ability to mentor and develop engineers and technicians
- A good working knowledge of related safety and environmental legislation
- Able to develop technical solutions to meet project and customer expectations
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and proactive with a desire for continuous improvement, flexible with the ability to be confident and calm under pressure
25 days hols + bank hols
Pension scheme contributory after 6 months
Life Assurance scheme
Employee Assistance Programme
Cycle to work scheme