Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is looking for a Hydrogen Safety Specialist to be part of the design team. The role will report directly to the Technology Manager and lead the process function. The candidate must have essential gas and hydraulics expertise and have worked in a similar safety function previously.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have essential gas (hydrogen, oxygen) and hydraulics expertise
- Have worked for an OEM in a Fuel cell or Electrolyser safety function
- Gained experience in a batch environment and with type certification/product homologation
- Have significant experience of Hazop, Hazid, DSEAR, LOPA safety cases
- Have an extremely good materials knowledge
- Have knowledge of PSSR regulation, PED, ATEX, EMC, LOW Voltage directives
- Have strong knowledge of engineering systems and processes.
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in Mechanical Engineering. Achieved C.Eng. status
- Very strong organisational and documentation skills,
- Be always on time to deliver the safety cases required and a team player with Quality Management function and product teams
- Able to present and explain highly safety data to board level.
- Aerospace or automotive engineering safety background highly sought
- Demonstrate an ability to work with Quality Management function and type approvals
- Knowledge of ISO electrolyser standard or ISO Fuel cell standard
- Knowledge of wiring and electrical compliance including high power applications
- Have knowledge of EN ISO 416-1:2013
- Experience in preparing written scheme of exam, organise and time replacements
- Working knowledge of product design and compliance with the machinery directive.
- Have significant experience of rotating equipment (fans, pumps).
- Have significant experience in measuring and listing loads.
- Have significant experience of protection valves (e.g. EN ISO 416-1:2013)
- Familiarity with the ATEX directives and hazardous area classifications.
- Familiarity with a manufacturing environment including BOMs and MRP.
- Knowledge and experience of Swagelok.
- Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months.
- 25 days holiday plus stats.