Andy File Associates Limited are working on behalf of their client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this Permanent vacancy.
Brief Job Description
Our client is one of the UK’s premier test engineering company who supply cutting-edge test and measurement solutions to some of the world’s leading high-tech manufacturers. As this position is a new role at this location it’s yours to make your mark and run with everything from setting up best practice to creating reusable modular designs. This role will report directly to the Engineering Leader and forms a key part of the Engineering Team.
The successful candidate will be tasked with taking engineering requirements from customers and designing bespoke test solutions that are able to me manufactured within time and cost constraints. This will involve the use of both commercial off the shelf components as well as custom designed interfaces. The role will involve the creation of electrical schematics, layouts, general assemblies and fault finding to allow the manufacturing team to bring to life your designs. This important role will provide an opportunity to design and engineer a wide range of bespoke products which allows our customers to benefit from our high quality engineered solutions. Candidates must have a history of success in similar roles, be self-motivated and have a passion for engineering and delivering projects on time.
- Experience Designing Test Equipment, automation or control systems.
- Experience of panel, cabinet and rack layout and design
- Ability to Create Schematic Drawings and Diagrams.
- Experience of System Test and Fault Finding
- Electrical Design to Complete System Level.
- Skilled using EPLAN
- Proven track record of electrical design and engineering.
- Ability to create engineering drawings.
- Ability to create complete system level designs.
- Sociable style with good drive and dedication.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Motivation and a desire to contribute to a dynamic business.
- Solid ability to work to tight timescales to deliver projects on time.
- Able to interpret customer requirements.
- Able to work within tight budget and timescales.
- Able to create robust designs that can be manufactured.
- Able to self-manage to confidently achieve targets.
- Able to work in a multi skilled design team.
- Previous experience in an electrical design role.
- Experience with Rittal hardware
- Previous experience of working within one of the following – Aerospace, Defence, Oil & Gas, Automotive or similar industry
- Proven track record of designing bespoke test equipment
- Creation of PCB layouts