Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is an established law firm who are now looking for a Commercial Litigator to join their busy team based in Chesterfield. Our client is very flexible and as such, they are open to candidates who would like full time, part-time or wish to work on a consultancy basis.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will play a leading role in the development and provision of commercial litigation services in accordance with operational objectives. You will develop and manage a diverse caseload of commercial litigation cases in accordance with company protocols and procedures. Principal accountabilities:
Contract and Tortious disputes
Private equity disputes
Breach of contract
Landlord / tenant issues – advise on landlord/tenant issues relating to their ownership, management, or occupation of business premises
Duties and Responsibilities
- To pro-actively manage a caseload ensuring excellent file management and client care at all times.
- To provide professional and expert legal advice to the appropriate level in terms of the value, standard and complexity of the caseload.
- To deliver excellent results for all clients according to their instructions.
- To contribute towards projects and business objectives and initiatives.
- To mentor, assist, develop and support other employees as required.
- To achieve requisite financial and KPI targets set by the Management team as appropriate.
- To ensure a current working knowledge of Commercial Law, industry, market and legislative changes.
- To litigate pro-actively as appropriate.
- To comply with all company policies and procedures.
Skills and Aptitudes
- An excellent communicator both written and oral, capable of building a good rapport with clients and colleagues
- A pro-active approach to problem solving and an aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail
- Good prioritisation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently on own initiative
- Willing to have contact with colleagues and clients outside of normal business hours where necessary
Accreditation, Training & Qualifications
It is preferable that you have considerable PQE with current experience of litigation including matters involving high value and / or complex disputes.
- Technical proficiency commensurate with role
- Proven experience of dealing with a range of commercial litigation matters including shareholder and director disputes, matters of fraud, breach of contract and breach of warranty claims, professional negligence claims, and property disputes .
- Ability to ensure that the highest standards of quality and client care are consistently achieved
- A pro-active, professional and flexible approach
- Commercially savvy and with a good understanding of company/commercial work, especially empathetic to the needs of commercial clients
- Fully conversant with Word, Outlook and Excel and used to working with computerised case management systems
- Proven (measurable) success in winning new client business through referrals and business development activities
28 days holidays plus bank holidays
Parking on site
Homeworking available (up to 4 days per week)