Andy File Associates Limited are acting as a Recruitment Business on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
This is a full time position for 37 hours per week, on a 2 way shift pattern (days and afters) but will move on to a 3-way shift when work requires it
Days – 06:00 to 13:45 Mon to Thurs. 06:00 to 12:00 Fri.
Afters – 13:30 to 21:15 Mon to Thurs. 11:45 to 17:45 Fri.
About the role:
– Programming, setting and operating a Doosan 5100 CNC lathe to produce Forge dies and all associated tooling.
– Liaising with design dept. and supervisor to establish methods of manufacture.
– Machining a variety of tooling materials.
– Hard turning using ceramics
– Use of the Radial arm drill as required
– Interpreting requirements from work route cards
– Maintaining turnaround times in line with KPI targets
– Informing management when consumables are low
– Potentially take responsibility for purchasing of machine shop consumables
– Ensuring machining is completed to tight tolerances within the specification (0.02mm)
– Operating Matsuura and Bridgeport milling machines when necessary
– Keeping work area and equipment clean and tidy.
– You will be educated to GCSE level with good Maths and English
– Advanced apprenticeship in machining or similar (completed or part completed)
– Relevant machining experience
– Mechanical testing experience would be beneficial
– CNC programming or CAD / CAM training is also desirable
– Good IT skills are desirable
- Annual Salary Reviews
- Certified Training
- Company Pension
- Competitive Salary
- On-Site Parking