Andy File Associates Limited is working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our Client is a proud Yorkshire company with a mission to educate the world one person at a time, and they are looking for a dedicated and passionate engineering teacher to join their team. Our client not only takes pride in the exceptional development and support their learners receive, but they also equally support their colleagues.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in mechanical or electrical engineering and a passion for educating the next generation of engineers through work-based learning. As a new member of the team, you will be supported every step of the way. You will plan your own diary to ensure you visit all your apprentices in their workplace every month and that learning is taking place and apprentices are progressing. A full driving license and use of your own car is essential. You will, of course, be reimbursed for your expenses.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Teaching engineering subjects to a caseload of apprentices by travelling to their workplace or using Teams
- Teaching Maths and English functional skills to apprentices
- Ensuring that apprentices progress in their training programmes and complete their training within the specified timeframe
- Assessing work against apprenticeship standard or qualification requirements
- Completing all administration to ensure compliance with organisational and government requirements
- Taking part in company meetings and training sessions
- Ensuring your own continuous professional development by undertaking training as required
Applications for this role are not limited to qualified trainers or assessors. As part of your continuous professional development, they can train you to become a qualified assessor and adult teacher.
Essential Skills needed :
- A full driving license and use of your own car is essential
- A can do attitude
- A trade or academic qualification in mechanical or electrical engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in your trade
- Minimum GCSE or equivilant of a C or above grade in Maths and English required
- A competitive starting salary of up to £30,000, with an increase after six months
- 20 days annual leave
- A day off on your birthday
- Company laptop and phone
- Mileage allowance
- Continuous professional development through training
As a company and as individual teachers they are growing and going from strength-to-strength so there will be opportunities for progression.
This role can be based out of the offices at Morley or Hull
Normal hours are 08:30 – 16:30 (Mon- Fri) but flexibility required at certian times