Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Our client is looking for an experienced Project Engineer to join their team based in Sheffield as an Installations Coordinator.
Deployment projects will include site visits to act as site manager whilst the installation and commissioning phase of the project is underway. Typically, you will be expected to be on site for up to 4 weeks at a time, but this varies from project to project and longer periods away are a possibility. There will be times when this is outside of the UK. Certain urgencies arise where you may also have to travel to site at short notice to support ongoing work or to diagnose issues.
This is very much a hands on role within the Commissioning team and you will be assisting with and supporting on the coordination of the delivery, installation and commissioning across the UK. You will be liaising with the production, and engineering teams as well as specialist contractors and suppliers. You will also be required to support company safety, quality and regulatory approval functions.
Our client will offer the necessary training in their technology to enable you to take this hands on approach.
Whilst on site, the successful candidate will be assisting and supporting on the following:
- Assisting with coordination of sub-contractors and suppliers
- Installation, commissioning and testing of our clients products
- Oversee the integration of control and safety systems
- Interacting with customers
- Ensuring site safety is being adhered to
The ideal candidate will be driven and able to work without supervision but be able to seek support and advice when necessary.
Who are we looking for?
- Degree qualified Engineer (Mechanical, Electrical) with strong core engineering skills
- Solid track record of experience working as a project engineer
- Familiarity with the installation and commissioning of process plant or industrial equipment
- Working knowledge of technical documents and drawings including P&IDs, electrical diagrams and control logic flow diagrams
- Experience in the generation of method statements and risk assessments as well as familiarity with permit to work schemes
- Good organisational and reporting skills
- Practical, analytical and logical problem solving skills
- A team player that is good with people
Working knowledge of automated PLC Process Control Systems would be advantageous as would knowledge of compressed gases, pressure systems and Pressure Equipment Directives, ATEX Directives and the explosive atmospheres
Competitive salary depending on experience + additional off site rate, Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months, 25 days holiday plus stats.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org