Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Our client is looking for an experienced Field Maintenance Engineer to join their existing team of engineers in order to service their growing network within the London area. Reporting directly to the Head of Commissioning, this challenging role will require a well-rounded engineer with experience and a good understanding of mechanical equipment, electrical installations and control systems in industrial applications.
You will be responsible for the safe execution of preventive maintenance tasks as well as providing a rapid response to any system malfunctions in order to minimise station down time. The ideal candidate will have experience of using technical documentation such P&IDs, electrical diagrams, control logic flow diagrams, equipment datasheets, etc. to support fault diagnosis.
You will have experience in the operation and servicing of industrial equipment for the process industries and ideally have some work experience in the compressed gases sector. Familiarity with the operation of PLC control systems is also highly desirable.
The ideal candidate will be expected to demonstrate a very good understanding of safe working practices and familiarity with HSSE regulations and requirements whilst working at industrial sites. The job holder will be required to obtain a safety passport as part of the extensive training provided by our client.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience as a field services engineer or similar role
• Mechanical / Electrical HNC/HND /higher qualification or time served engineer in both disciplines
• 16th/17th edition or similar electrical training
• Experience of performing preventive maintenance and equipment diagnosis and repairs in the process industries
• Experience of sensor inspection and calibration
• Health and Safety conscious
• Full, clean, UK driving license
Desirable experience and qualifications:
• Experience working with PLC control systems, hydraulic, pneumatic, and high pressure gas systems
• Experience and qualifications related to the maintenance and repair of ATEX equipment
Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months.
25 days holiday plus stats.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com