Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
To ensure facilitation of the efficient recovery of Legal Costs and to account on the same files to clients and to third parties to ensure the file is ready for archiving.
You will be responsible for a caseload of files working in the Sheffield Office within the Cost Department as part of a cross skilled team. You will be liaising with the firm’s clients and staff members in other departments.
Principle Accountabilities & Tasks
- Ensure that all cases are dealt with in compliance with Solicitors’ Accounts Rules
- Preparing costs schedules on personnel injury files, which include, RTA, Employers Liability and Public Liability claims, including Portal, FRC and time costed files
- Negotiating with medical agencies and Counsel to lower amount of fees where appropriate
- Reviewing accounts to identify payments which have been made ‘up front’ to ensure recovered from third party
- Negotiating settlement of costs with third party
- Where bills have been sent to third parties, responsible for ensuring that the costs are received
- Dealing with the banking of costs, clients settlement cheques and discharge any disbursements
- Dealing with in-coming post and e-mails, filing, scanning and photocopying
- Preparing and managing files which are sent to and returned from Cost Draftsman
- To ensure accurate bills are presented to the third party.
- To ensure that all-accounting procedures are adhered to and that the file accounted on both the client and office ledgers balanced to zero.
- To ensure that files are ready to be archived at the conclusion of the cost recovery process.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Planning, organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Delivery focused with excellent communication skills
- Effective time management and negotiation skills
- Excellent administrative skills with good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Word and Excel
- Excellent numerical skills, an analytical approach and attention to detail are paramount
Advantageous: Understanding of solicitor account ledgers
23 days holiday to start increasing by 1 day per year of service up to a maximum of 30 days, free parking and more
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com