Andy File Associates Limited are acting as a Recruitment Business on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- To safely set up and operate a lathe machines
- Using best practice to work to customers’ instructions
- Inspect components before and after machining and maintain accurate identification against route cards
- Maintain good housekeeping of work areas
Key tasks include:
- In accordance with best practice, set up machines
- Work accurately to customer requirements
- Inspect and check machined components
- Keep workstation within the parameters of 5S
- Where possible work on two machines in tandem
- Without supervision ensure production of quality machined parts.
- Safe use of machinery and all tolerances and customer instructions are adhered to.
- Maximise efficient use of machinery.
- Appropriate preparation on commencement of machining.
- As appropriate involve Machine Shop Manager
Hours of work:
- 0600 – 1345 Mon to Thurs (0600 – 1200 Friday)
- 1330 – 2115 Mon to Thursday (1145 – 1745 Fri)
- 2100 – 0615 Mon to Thurs no work on a Friday
Required skills and experience
- Competent at setting and operating a lathe
- A recognised craft apprenticeship
- Able to read engineering drawings
- Work on own initiative
- Ability to operate CNC machines
- Use measuring equipment
- To be a fully skilled machinist and display competence and accuracy in all machining processes including work handling and own personal health and safety
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com