Andy File Associates Limited are acting as a Recruitment Business on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- To safely set up and operate a lathe machines
- Using best practice to work to customers’ instructions
- Inspect components before and after machining and maintain accurate identification against route cards
- Maintain good housekeeping of work areas
Key tasks include:
- In accordance with best practice, set up machines
- Work accurately to customer requirements
- Inspect and check machined components
- Keep workstation within the parameters of 5S
- Where possible work on two machines in tandem
- Without supervision ensure production of quality machined parts.
- Safe use of machinery and all tolerances and customer instructions are adhered to.
- Maximise efficient use of machinery.
- Appropriate preparation on commencement of machining.
- As appropriate involve Machine Shop Manager
Hours of work:
- 0600 – 1345 Mon to Thurs (0600 – 1200 Friday)
- 1330 – 2115 Mon to Thursday (1145 – 1745 Fri)
- 2100 – 0615 Mon to Thurs no work on a Friday
Required skills and experience
- Competent at setting and operating a lathe
- A recognised craft apprenticeship
- Able to read engineering drawings
- Work on own initiative
- Ability to operate CNC machines
- Use measuring equipment
- To be a fully skilled machinist and display competence and accuracy in all machining processes including work handling and own personal health and safety