Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Due to our client’s continuing success they are looking to recruit a Chartered Town Planner to join our multi-disciplinary Land Promotion team. This highly experienced team specialises in promoting land through the local plan process. Our client is currently promoting over 40,000 new homes and 25 million sq ft of employment floor space.
They specialise in developing strong relationships with significant landowners and stakeholders to maximise the development potential of sites. With their enviable track record of delivery they are currently working on a number of exciting schemes promoting both Greenfield and Brownfield opportunities. For the right candidate there are opportunities for excellent career development and to demonstrate leadership, decisiveness, pragmatism, communication and management skills.
The ideal candidate will have significant post qualification experience working with landowners and developers; political and commercial awareness; confidence leading project teams; and business development skills. They will also be an effective and clear communicator with the ability to manage workload and budgets.
The right candidate will have:-
- Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute and significant post qualification experience in Local Plans and Planning Policy.
- Extensive experience of working with landowners/developers and other technical disciplines to identify and promote sites through the local plan process.
- Good understanding of producing robust evidence to demonstrate sites are available, suitable, achievable and viable.
- Experience in engagement with senior stakeholders and decision makers.
- Confidence and the ability to lead project teams
- The ability to work collaboratively.
- Commercial awareness and business development skills and experience.
- Good decision making skills and pragmatism.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to provide clear and concise reasoned advice to clients.
- The necessary skills and experience to manage workload, budgets and to co-ordinate projects (alongside colleagues and sub-consultants).
Other requirements include:-
- An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Full UK driving licence plus access to a car
Applicants will be invited to interview on an ongoing basis.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com