Andy File Associates Limited are working on behalf of their client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this permanent vacancy.
Our well established client is looking for a Group Account Director to join their team, you will be responsible for the day to day running and strategic development of an account in the luxury automotive sector.
- To develop the client account strategically and manage it operationally in conjunction with the Managing Director, Operations Director and Account Director.
- To be knowledgeable about UK and International MICE destinations and venues, particularly those appropriate to the luxury sector.
- To oversee the account team in undertaking thorough and accurate research for proposals, site inspections and live events.
- To be heavily involved in and take ownership of proposal and budget preparation.
- To be confident in presenting proposals and event updates to clients at a senior level.
- To lead and contribute meaningfully to brainstorms and team discussions.
- To travel on site inspections and assess the viability and suitability of locations and venues for purpose.
- To prepare, manage and update budgets, in both sterling and foreign currency, demonstrating keen commercial awareness and negotiating the best possible terms for the company.
- To take ownership of the financials of the account, to include preparation of accurate supplier and client payment schedules and critical paths.
- To maintain effective communication throughout and post event with all stakeholders including the client and internal management to ensure their needs are understood, are being met and proactive solutions are being offered.
- To provide guidance, support and training to the account team, in conjunction with the Operations Director.
- The role will involve travel, both in the UK and overseas.
- Highly motivated and passionate about developing the account and business
Skills and Experience
- Commercially aware
- Dynamic and professional
- Able to communicate clearly and confidently with clients, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Able to present confidently and effectively in presentations and pitch situations, to existing and potential clients.
- Able to manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate initiative, to make informed decisions and to be accountable for them.
- Able to identify problems or issues, understand their implications and ask for support when needed.
- Able to work effectively and cooperatively as part of a team, as well as being able to work independently.
- Able to cope confidently with change, altering priorities when needed.