Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position
Our client based in Sheffield is now moving into yet more exciting phases of development with multiple discipline engineering construction projects. They are looking to recruit a project manager to work within the projects team and be involved at all stages co-ordinating multiple large-scale projects from tender to sign off. This will include liaising with customers, project partners, grant bodies, suppliers and sub-contractors managing projects to tight deadlines and budgets. The length and value of projects will vary but will typically be 12 months + and in excess of £1m.
This role will involve travel within the UK and overseas as required.
Any necessary training will be provided to the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will be performing the following duties:
• Be involved in tenders and bid proposals
• Managing projects to tight timelines and budgets
• Coordinating sub-contractors and suppliers
• Overseeing installation, commissioning and testing of their products
• Interacting with customers and grant bodies
• Technical and project reporting to funding bodies and consortiums
• Ensuring site safety is being adhered to at all times
The successful candidate will be driven, pragmatic and able to work without supervision but be able to seek support and advice when necessary.
Experience and background
• Degree qualified Engineer (preferably Mechanical, Electrical) with strong core project skills
• Key organisational skills
• Ability to solve problems
• Time management
• Ability to use Microsoft Project or similar
• Good report writing skills
• Have experience in a customer facing role
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Must hold a full clean UK driving license
• No travel restrictions is essential
It would be highly advantageous if you have the following:
Competitive salary and benefits to include:
Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months.
25 days holiday plus stats.